Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MLk Parade and Pro Israel Rally in Texas, the non-assignment








Both of these shoots were unassigned projects I covered while in-between my planned stories for the Texas area, which really changes the dynamic of how I shoot. For example, if I was covering events like this for the newspaper, very few, if any, of these images would ever run. And that is why I like them. There is a sense of freedom to personal work after busting out multiple assignments summing up the daily grind. So there lies the dilemma: keep art/photography/storytelling as personal work, or make it YOUR work (i.e. making a living). There is a fine line between the two.

P.S. Happy Inauguration! I will post images from a shoot at a Democratic celebration in Tarrant County (the 2nd most conservative county in the country) and from my story on Christian wrestling tomorrow.

No comments: